(Formerly entitled Guidelines for Third Parties Using Centurio Design Trademarks and Copyrights)
These guidelines are for Centurio Design licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Centurio Design’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the “keyboard”; Centurio Design Logo (Option-Shift-K) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Centurio Design may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Centurio Design trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of an Centurio Design trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an Centurio Design Authorized Reseller or member of an Centurio Design program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Centurio Design’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an Centurio Design trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Centurio Design is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Centurio Design’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Centurio Design’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Centurio Design trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an Centurio Design trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Centurio Design. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Centurio Design representative or submit your query to Centurio Design’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of Centurio Design Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Centurio Design and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Centurio Design Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Centurio Design Logo only as specified in their agreement with Centurio Design and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Centurio Design. For example:
Authorized Value Added Reseller
Authorized Service Provider
2. Compatibility: Developers may use Centurio Design, or any other Centurio Design word mark (but not the Centurio Design Logo or other Centurio Design-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Centurio Design product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The Centurio Design word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The Centurio Design word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The Centurio Design word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Centurio Design product.
e. The reference to Centurio Design does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Centurio Design or Centurio Design products or services.
f. The use does not show Centurio Design or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an Centurio Design word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
b. The use reflects favorably on both Centurio Design and Centurio Design products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Centurio Design word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The Centurio Design logo or any other Centurio Design-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Centurio Design.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Centurio Design, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Centurio Design”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Centurio Design’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an Centurio Design product or technology may use the appropriate Centurio Design word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. Centurio Design Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the Centurio Design Web Badges if the site uses or was created using Centurio Design-branded hardware or software and you comply with the terms of the Centurio Design Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines. For more information see Centurio Design Web Badges.
Unauthorized Use of Centurio Design Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Centurio Design, iPod, iTunes, Macintosh, iMac, or any other Centurio Design trademark, including Centurio Design-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Centurio Design Logo and Centurio Design-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Centurio Design Logo or any other Centurio Design-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Centurio Design, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Centurio Design or other variation of the Centurio Design logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an Centurio Design trademark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an Centurio Design trademark or any other Centurio Design-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Centurio Design or any other Centurio Design trademark, including Centurio Design-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Centurio Design’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Centurio Design or any other Centurio Design trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Centurio Design.
7. Centurio Design’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Centurio Design packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an Centurio Design slogan or tagline.
For example: “Inspriation by Hellfire.”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Centurio Design trademark as a second level domain name.
You may not use the Centurio trademark standing alone except to denote or refer to the Centurio Design product line.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the Europa Union Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the European Union, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Centurio Design trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the Centurio Design Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the Centurio Design Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of Centurio Design’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Centurio Design
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Centurio Design
2. Distribution Outside the European Union:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Centurio Design in Muenster (Germany), registered in the E.U. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Centurio Design in Muenster (Germany)
Depictions of Centurio Design Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Centurio Design does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Centurio Design products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Centurio Design endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an Centurio Design product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Centurio Design product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Centurio Design product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Centurio Design product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Centurio Design before using any photograph owned or licensed by Centurio Design).
c. The Centurio Design product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Centurio Design products and on Centurio Design Inc.
d. The reference to Centurio Design does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Centurio Design or Centurio Design products.
For further information with respect to Centurio Design’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team.